The design process is capricious. One of our latest projects is a classic example of this. Here’s how it’s gone so far:
- We promise the client two designs for the project.
- Round 1: We bring three designs to the client (after about seven went through internal review and four failed …).
- Client can’t decide between Design #1 and #3 and wants to develop both concepts.
- We develop both concepts including a big image search to find the perfect image for one of the comps, not even sure if this comp will be chosen.
- Round 2: Client takes designs to key stakeholder who will “not have many comments and will approve whatever we decide”.
- Stakeholder hates both designs. In desperation, Client shows Design #2. Stakeholder loves this design (phew!).
- Round 3: Develop final design with a combo of Design #2 and elements of Design #1.
And we have yet to get the CEO’s approval. LOL
All I can say is after 20 years of doing this, it’s still impossible to predict the outcome of a design process. This is one of those things in life where the journey is the destination. You just gotta learn to roll with it and absorb the learning as you are rolling!
Jenn LeBlanc, CEO & Founder of ThinkResults Marketing, works with tech CEOs and CMOs to drive results. Whether it is a 350% increase in web traffic, a 1400% increase in online leads, or a 400% increase in conversion rates, Jenn delivers results.
Call for a free 30-minute consultation about your marketing project with Jenn. Email us to set up your complimentary consultation and start driving your results today.