The ThinkResults Social Marketing Marketing Intern is a critical function that ensures the day-to-day success of marketing projects for our clients and for our agency. The Social Marketing Intern will be responsible for a wide and interesting array of marketing deliverables including social media content development, social media graphic design projects, responding to comments and interacting with our communities, programming newsletters for our agency and clients, and tracking analytics for social and newsletter programs. The Social Marketing Intern role is critical to the smooth daily operations of our agency. We will train you on anything you need to know Ws — and we encourage you to bring your ideas as well!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing social media posts and visuals, under the direction of the CEO or client Creative Director.
- Regularly engage with our communities online to answer questions and encourage conversation and resource sharing.
- Programming regular newsletters for our internal marketing programs, as well as for clients.
- Preparing social media and newsletter reports for client presentation, which would include formatting documents in PPT, Word, Excel and other formats.
- Being part of the peer review team for other team members including writers, designers, programmers and other creatives on the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all kinds of people.
- Project management skills.
- Basic SEO knowledge.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, WordPress, Canva and email skills are a must; InDesign skills a plus.
- Mailing software experience (MailChimp is ideal).
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with CRM systems.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles.
- Effective understanding of latest technologies and how to apply them most effectively.
- Supreme organizational skills.
- Great team player and able to meet or exceed team goals.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Ability to ask questions and manage up effectively.
- Must have a strong and active sense of humor and fun!
- Desire to make a difference for female founders and business owners is a plus.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in business, marketing, journalism, or communications from an accredited institution.
What We Provide
- Flexible work environment (work from home and get more done!) – we’ve been doing this 18 years so we have it down pat.
- A great team to work with and learn from, including a Silicon Valley Women of Influence and double best-selling author
- A steady supply of interesting and challenging assignments, working with one of the top ranked marketing agencies in Silicon Valley
- Commitment to your growth and development
- A part-time role that is ideal for a recent college graduate who wants to learn the ropes in a fast-paced top-ranked Silicon Valley marketing agency. May lead to full-time work for the right candidate.
- Pay that is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us what makes you awesome and a great fit for this role. We want to know!
We will be doing interviews in early June so get your application in soon.