Events Manager Job Profile and Description
This full-time role involves assisting with the execution of event plans for client events as well as internal events to support company initiatives, especially in relation to Changing Tides Circles, the 2020 Changing Tides Conference and other events.
The Events Manager is primarily responsible for managing the details of events for clients, including planning the content for a large global client with events all over the world (travel is not required for this), as well as planning and executing on events across the US (travel will be required) for internal initiatives, and ensuring the success of each event.
In addition, the Events Manager is responsible for preparing and formatting documents for client presentation, as well as the full spectrum on event plan details such as site selection, determining the agenda (In conjunction with the CEO), managing speakers, vendors and facilities, as well as audience acquisition and registration to ensure a successful event.
The Events Manager role is critical to the smooth daily operations of our virtual agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage event execution for clients and internal initiatives, ensuing each event meets or exceeds its goals and metrics.
- Coordinating resources (writers, designers, programmers and other creatives), in order to meet event goals.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with all internal resources and clients to determine how to convey concise, clear, and timely information to each party.
- Preparing reports, formatting documents in PPT, Word, Excel and other formats for client presentation.
- Other duties as assigned (we are a small team and pitch in to help each other during busy times).
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines, and to function calmly under competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all kinds of people.
- Proven ability to understand and translate complex technology.
- Solid project management skills.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and email skills.
- Sound understanding of marketing principles.
- Effective understanding of latest technologies and how to apply them most effectively.
- Great team player and able to meet or exceed team goals.
- Be self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Ability to ask questions and manage up effectively.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications.
- Degree from an accredited institution.
- Passion for female founders and women entrepreneurs.Experience with artificial intelligence technology is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in events management.
- Must be available during Pacific Time Zone business hours.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us to email@example.com. Tell us what makes you awesome and a great fit for this role, we want to know!